One of the most frequently accessed publications in our entire library collection is the Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment’s 2017 Guide to Worker Safety and Health in the Marijuana Industry. As the industry grows (no pun intended) in our state and in many other parts of the nation, more and more people are finding employment in this industry. If you are one of them, be sure to check out this helpful resource, which includes information to
- Assist in the recognition of occupational health hazards that might be present within the marijuana industry.
- Identify specific existing federal, state, and local safety and health related regulations that may apply to the marijuana industry
- Provide initial recommendations for engineering, administrative and personal protective equipment controls that can be used to help eliminate or reduce hazards in the marijuana industry.
- Provide information and resources to assist employers in developing written workplace safety and health programs.
- Provide information to help develop marijuana worker safety training programs.
- How to Spot the Differences Between Eagles and Hawks - August 16, 2021
- How Transportation Projects Help Tell the Story of Colorado’s Past - August 9, 2021
- Time Machine Tuesday: The Night the Castlewood Canyon Dam Gave Way - August 3, 2021