With this past winter being relatively dry, fire danger is expected to be higher than usual this year, especially in areas of lower elevation. The State of Colorado has numerous resources to help you prepare.
- This consumer alert from the Colorado Division of Insurance will help you determine if your property is adequately insured.
- The Colorado Division of Fire Prevention & Control offers a helpful Wildfire Information Resource Center website. Here you can find information on education and public awareness, preparedness and mitigation, fire bans and restrictions, and information on any current fires.
- READYColorado’s wildfire page also has many helpful tips.
- The Colorado State Forest Service’s Wildfire Mitigation website is another helpful resource. Here you can find information on how to protect your home, as well as about wildfire education programs that can help communities prepare. Also, you can use their Colorado Wildfire Risk Assessment Portal to help determine if you are at risk.
- Planning for Hazards: Wildfire is a resource from the Colorado Department of Local Affairs that can help communities plan for wildfire.
- Community Wildfire Protection Plans: Guidelines for Implementation
- Creating Wildfire-Defensible Zones
- Interface Areas of High Wildfire Risk in Colorado
- Living with Fire: A Guide for the Homeowner
- Protecting Your Home from Wildfire: Creating Wildfire-Defensible Zones
- Ready, Set, Go: Your Personal Wildfire Action Plan
- Wildfire & Insurance
- Wildfire Preparedness for Horse Owners
Latest posts by Amy Zimmer (see all)
- Accessing the Colorado Revised Statutes - September 20, 2019
- Life Insurance Policy Locator - September 19, 2019
- Time Machine Tuesday: Colorado Transportation Through the Years - September 17, 2019