Listen to this article
The Colorado Historic Newspapers Collection (CHNC) has recently lowered its pricing for digitizing newspapers and adding them to the free-to-use online collection. Currently CHNC has over 2 million pages of historic newspapers from almost 600 titles representing all of the 64 Colorado counties; with more always on the way.
One of the digitization partners working with the Colorado State Library and the CHNC is giving a permanent price reduction on the processing of digital files to create the OCR and METS/ALTO output needed for inclusion in the CHNC database, and we are passing this reduction on to you. The new prices for the following processes are:
- Processing of newspapers already in digital format (tiffs/pdfs): .70 cents per page
- Digitization of newspapers on existing microfilm: .80 cents per page
- Microfilming of original newspapers and digitization of that film: $1.05 per page
- Digitization from original newspapers: $1.55 per page
This is a .5 cent reduction in prices to include historic newspaper content in CHNC. Same great service just lower prices. For this price you get:
- Estimates that are customized to fit your budget and your timeline
- Digitization of your chosen titles and years
- Processing of those digitized files that includes article segmentation, creation of METS/ALTO metadata (international standard) and OCR conversion.
- Automatic inclusion into the CHNC sister site, the Plains to Peaks Historic Newspapers.
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about our process, our new pricing or a potential project.
- 2023 Support for Newspaper Digitization - November 10, 2022
- DEI in Libraries and Archives: Lessons Learned from a Reparative Description Project - June 9, 2022
- University of Colorado Receives Grant to Digitize Colorado Daily Student Newspaper - May 24, 2022