Listen to this article
The Colorado Historic Newspapers Collection (CHNC) has recently lowered its pricing for digitizing newspapers and adding them to the free-to-use online collection. Currently CHNC has over 2 million pages of historic newspapers from almost 600 titles representing all of the 64 Colorado counties; with more always on the way.
One of the digitization partners working with the Colorado State Library and the CHNC is giving a permanent price reduction on the processing of digital files to create the OCR and METS/ALTO output needed for inclusion in the CHNC database, and we are passing this reduction on to you. The new prices for the following processes are:
- Processing of newspapers already in digital format (tiffs/pdfs): .70 cents per page
- Digitization of newspapers on existing microfilm: .80 cents per page
- Microfilming of original newspapers and digitization of that film: $1.05 per page
- Digitization from original newspapers: $1.55 per page
This is a .5 cent reduction in prices to include historic newspaper content in CHNC. Same great service just lower prices. For this price you get:
- Estimates that are customized to fit your budget and your timeline
- Digitization of your chosen titles and years
- Processing of those digitized files that includes article segmentation, creation of METS/ALTO metadata (international standard) and OCR conversion.
- Automatic inclusion into the CHNC sister site, the Plains to Peaks Historic Newspapers.
Please contact me at email@example.com if you have any questions about our process, our new pricing or a potential project.
- Touring Colorado’s Collections: Free Online Access to Aspen History - March 7, 2023
- SRMA Archival Fellowship Q&A Session - February 13, 2023
- Free Access to Digitized Historic Newspapers: Colorado and Beyond - February 1, 2023