Today is Veteran’s Day — to all our veterans and active military out there, thank you for your service. The State of Colorado offers many resources for veterans:
- The Colorado Division of Veterans Affairs can help veterans find employment, health care, and additional resources.
- The Colorado Dept. of Human Services administers the State Veterans Home program. State Veterans Homes can be found in Aurora, Florence, Monte Vista/Homelake, Rifle, and Walsenburg.
- The Colorado Dept. of Labor and Employment has a Veterans’ Services webpage to help veterans with employment.
- The Division of Property Taxation offers information on the property tax exemption for disabled veterans.
- Finally, see the State of Colorado’s Benefits for Veterans page for information on home loans, benefits for dependents and survivors, burial and memorial assistance, and more.
Latest posts by Amy Zimmer (see all)
- Colorado State Parks: Chatfield - August 22, 2019
- Time Machine Tuesday: Denver’s Freeways That Were Never Built - August 20, 2019
- New Zero-Emission Vehicle Standard for Colorado - August 19, 2019