Sadly, there has been another school shooting, and our thoughts are with Florida during this difficult time. The Colorado Department of Education (CDE) and other state agencies have many resources on school safety available to students, schools, and parents, such as
- CDE’s Safety & Security Facility Information webpage
- The State Publications Library’s Quick Guide to Safe Schools and Youth Violence Prevention
- Safe2Tell, an anonymous tip line that students can use to safely report problems and threats
- The Colorado School Safety Resource Center, a state agency dedicated to “assist[ing] educators, emergency responders, community organizations, school mental health professionals, parents and students to create safe, positive and successful school environments for Colorado students in all pre K-12 and higher education schools.”
- The University of Colorado’s Center for the Study and Prevention of Violence also has many helpful resources on their site.