Colorado has 25 scenic and historic “byways,” routes designated for their extra-special scenery or historical value. The Colorado Dept. of Transportation oversees the byways program, and you can see photos and information on each byway at the program website. This year, the program celebrated its 20th birthday.
Our library has a number of resources on Colorado’s Scenic and Historic Byways, including:
- Colorado: The Official Guide to the Scenic and Historic Byways
- Discover Colorado: Colorado Scenic and Historic Byways
- Colorado Byways: A Guide Through Scenic and Historic Landscapes
The Byways are located all over the state – not just in the mountains – showcasing the many varied landscapes across our state.
Latest posts by Amy Zimmer (see all)
- Colorado State Parks: Chatfield - August 22, 2019
- Time Machine Tuesday: Denver’s Freeways That Were Never Built - August 20, 2019
- New Zero-Emission Vehicle Standard for Colorado - August 19, 2019