September is national College Savings Month. The State of Colorado has several programs that can help you learn how to save for college.
- College in Colorado, a website developed by the Colorado Department of Higher Education (DHE), has a helpful Money 101 website that walks prospective students through the maze of saving and paying for college, including guidance on income, money management, spending, saving and investing, credit, insurance, taxes, and more. Information on financial aid is available on College in Colorado’s Financial Aid Planning page.
- CollegeInvest is Colorado’s “tax-advantaged 529 College Savings Program” that allows families to begin early investing for their child’s college future.
- The Colorado Challenge, a DHE program, offers counseling for prospective college students from low-income families.
- The Colorado Opportunity Scholarship Initiative, another DHE program “aims to…provide financial support to students helping to reduce the unmanageable amounts of student loan debt by graduates today in Colorado. Scholarships will be available to students through community partnerships beginning in 2016.”
Latest posts by Amy Zimmer (see all)
- Colorado State Parks: Chatfield - August 22, 2019
- Time Machine Tuesday: Denver’s Freeways That Were Never Built - August 20, 2019
- New Zero-Emission Vehicle Standard for Colorado - August 19, 2019