Several new memos and Issue Briefs have recently been released by Colorado Legislative Council Staff that provide some guidance on how Colorado and federal laws address some of the issues brought about by COVID-19.
- Colorado Criminal Justice System Response to COVID-19 discusses the operations of the courts and correctional institutions during the outbreak.
- Expansion of Telehealth Services in Response to COVID-19 looks at what is being done by insurance companies and other entities to encourage remote health and mental health services in order to reduce the number of persons gathering at clinics, hospitals, and doctors’ offices.
- Resources for Small Businesses in Response to COVID-19 provides helpful information on local, state, and federal programs to assist Colorado small businesses weather the crisis.
- State Laws Pertaining to Quarantines is an Issue Brief examining the state’s authority to keep people at home in order to reduce exposure to and spread of contagious diseases like coronavirus.
- State Laws Prohibiting Price Gouging During Emergencies provides a comparison of laws passed by other states to limit excessive price increases during times of emergency. Colorado is one of 14 states without such a law, according to the memo.
- Summary of Federal Legislation Passed in Response to COVID-19 provides information on emergency funding, economic stimulus, and Families First legislation passed in March 2020 by the federal government.
- TABOR Emergency Provisions examines the emergency fiscal provisions in Article X, Section 20 of the Colorado Constitution (TABOR), including the TABOR emergency reserve and the imposition of certain taxes without voter approval during emergency situations.
For additional information, see Legislative Council’s Research and Resources on Responses to COVID-19 webpage, which provides links, FAQs, and other information.
Latest posts by Amy Zimmer (see all)
- How to Spot the Differences Between Eagles and Hawks - August 16, 2021
- How Transportation Projects Help Tell the Story of Colorado’s Past - August 9, 2021
- Time Machine Tuesday: The Night the Castlewood Canyon Dam Gave Way - August 3, 2021