Open enrollment for 2020 private health insurance coverage is going on right now. If you have questions about buying or renewing private health insurance, the State of Colorado has set up several helpful websites.
- Connect for Health Colorado is “Colorado’s Official Health Insurance Marketplace.” Included on their website are such helpful features as “Health Insurance 101,” FAQs, and tips for choosing a plan. A “financial help” section provides information on healthcare discounts and ways to lower your monthly premiums, and the Quick Cost & Plan Finder is an interactive plan comparison tool. Small business owners can also use Connect for Health to find information on small group insurance options.
- cohealthinfo.com/ can help you explore your options for selecting or renewing private health insurance. FAQs, a glossary, and videos are among the resources offered. Information on how to determine whether you qualify for Health First Colorado (the state’s Medicaid plan) or Child Health Plan Plus (CHP+) is also provided.
- All approved 2020 health insurance plans and premiums can be found on the Department of Regulatory Agencies’ Health Insurance website. A glossary, consumer information and brochures, and resources on the Affordable Care Act can also be found on this site, as well as information on how to file a complaint.
Last week, the State of Colorado issued a report to the Legislature on the development of a “Public Option” for affordable health insurance. According to the report’s press release, “the actuarial analysis accompanying the report estimates that premiums will be reduced 10 percent; in many parts of the state, Coloradans are estimated to save more than 15 percent.”
For an overview of the private health insurance market in Colorado, see the Colorado Legislative Council’s Issue Briefs on Colorado’s Health Insurance Market and Colorado Health Insurance Exchange. Legislative Council has also issued a summary of 2019 health insurance legislation.
Open enrollment ends on January 15.
Latest posts by Amy Zimmer (see all)
- Protect Your Child from Lead Poisoning - December 5, 2019
- Time Machine Tuesday: Judge Ben Lindsey and the Juvenile Court - December 3, 2019
- Beware of Government Impersonation Scams - November 27, 2019