Just days before the end of their session, the Colorado Legislature approved funding for full-day kindergarten — one of Governor Polis’s policy initiatives. You can read a summary of the bill and view the final act here.
Full-day kindergarten has been studied in Colorado for over a decade. State reports and studies include:
- School Finance in Colorado (2019)
- Early Childhood and School Readiness Legislative Commission Report (2018)
- Kindergarten through Twelfth Grade (K-12) Funding Scenarios (2014)
- Full-Day Kindergarten Phase-In Plan Report (2008)
- Summary of FY08-09 Full-Day Kindergarten Facility Fund Applications (2008)
- Program Requirement for the Colorado Preschool and Kindergarten Program, Full-Day Kindergarten Component (2007)
How has kindergarten changed from when you (or your parents) were growing up? See the state’s Kindergarten Guidebook from 1960 for an interesting comparison.
Latest posts by Amy Zimmer (see all)
- Colorado Colleges and Universities: Colorado Northwestern Community College - July 15, 2019
- Updates to the Colorado Clean Indoor Air Act - July 11, 2019
- Time Machine Tuesday: Archaeology of Southwestern Colorado - July 9, 2019