Just days before the end of their session, the Colorado Legislature approved funding for full-day kindergarten — one of Governor Polis’s policy initiatives. You can read a summary of the bill and view the final act here.
Full-day kindergarten has been studied in Colorado for over a decade. State reports and studies include:
- School Finance in Colorado (2019)
- Early Childhood and School Readiness Legislative Commission Report (2018)
- Kindergarten through Twelfth Grade (K-12) Funding Scenarios (2014)
- Full-Day Kindergarten Phase-In Plan Report (2008)
- Summary of FY08-09 Full-Day Kindergarten Facility Fund Applications (2008)
- Program Requirement for the Colorado Preschool and Kindergarten Program, Full-Day Kindergarten Component (2007)
How has kindergarten changed from when you (or your parents) were growing up? See the state’s Kindergarten Guidebook from 1960 for an interesting comparison.
- Future Avoided Cost Explorer (FACE:Hazards): A New Community Risk Assessment Tool - September 28, 2020
- 2020 Election Information - September 24, 2020
- Time Machine Tuesday: Roaring Fork Valley Ghost Towns - September 22, 2020