Due to its proximity to Rocky Mountain National Park, Estes Park is one of Colorado’s best-known tourist towns. But how much do you know about the history of Estes Park? With RMNP turning 100 last year, there is renewed interest in the history of the area. Here are some resources you can find in our library that tell the story of Estes Park and RMNP:
- America’s Switzerland: Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park, The Growth Years. University Press of Colorado, 2005.
- This Blue Hollow: Estes Park, the Early Years, 1859-1915. University Press of Colorado, 1999.
- Frederick Chapin’s Colorado: The Peaks About Estes Park, and Other Writings. University Press of Colorado, 1995.
- Rocky Times in Rocky Mountain National Park: An Unnatural History. University Press of Colorado, 1993.
- Rocky Mountain National Park: A History. Colorado Associated University Press, 1983.
- An Interindustry Analysis of Three Front Range Foothills Communities — Estes Park, Gilpin County, and Woodland Park, Colorado. Colorado Water Resources Research Institute, Colorado State University, 1982.
- Archaeological Survey of Forest Highway 26 from Meeker Park to Estes Park. Colorado Department of Highways, 1981.
- Mountain Lands Analysis, Estes Park Study Area, Larimer County, Colorado. Colorado Division of Planning, 1974.