Experiencing Colorado’s great outdoors is even more fun when you bring your dog! Dogs are allowed in most Colorado State Parks, where they can enjoy camping, hiking, hunting, boating, and swimming with you. As you plan your spring and summer recreation, be sure to check Colorado Parks & Wildlife’s Bring the Dog Along! webpage. Here you’ll find recreation ideas along with tips for keeping your dog safe in the outdoors. Also see their Dog Etiquette page for more helpful tips.
- Chatfield State Park Dog Off-Leash Area Management Plan
- Cherry Creek State Park Dog Off-Leash Area Management Plan
- The Effects of Off-Leash Dog Areas on Birds and Small Mammals in Cherry Creek and Chatfield State Parks
- Off-Leash Area User Study: Chatfield State Park
- Off-Leash Area User Study: Cherry Creek State Park
Keep in mind that dogs are not allowed in Roxborough and Harvey Gap State Parks, and a few others restrict pets to certain areas in the park, so check the individual park’s webpage before heading out with your four-legged friend.