Governor Hickenlooper has declared today, Friday, February, 16, as Colorado Digital Learning Day. This day highlights the important role of technology in today’s learning landscape. The proclamation states in part that “Digital Learning Day will encourage teachers, students, schools, parents, policymakers, and the public to participate in activities that promote discussion about innovative learning practices.”
To find out more, see the Colorado Virtual Library’s blog post about online catalog for titles such asOur library also has many helpful resources on digital learning and educational technology; search our
- Colorado Blended Learning Roadmap, Colorado Department of Education, 2017. Abstract: Blended learning holds tremendous potential for enhancing student achievement and preparing graduates for postsecondary and workforce readiness by advancing equity and personalized learning. Blended learning is a teacher-led instructional method or strategy that combines classroom and digital learning, and through which students have some control over when, where, and at what pace they learn. The roadmap details successes, challenges, and opportunities for implementation of blended learning across Colorado.
- Basic Provisions in ESSA for Libraries, Technology, and Digital Learning, Colorado State Library, 2016
- Overview of Online Education Programs, Colorado Legislative Council, 2016
- Digital Learning in Colorado: Opportunities and Recommendations, Colorado Department of Education, 2013.
- Learning about Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics: Assessing the State of STEM Education in Colorado. University of Colorado Denver Center for Education Policy Analysis, 2008.
The Colorado State Library Professional Collection also has numerous resources on this topic, available for check-out.
- How to Spot the Differences Between Eagles and Hawks - August 16, 2021
- How Transportation Projects Help Tell the Story of Colorado’s Past - August 9, 2021
- Time Machine Tuesday: The Night the Castlewood Canyon Dam Gave Way - August 3, 2021