April is Autism Awareness Month. Researchers are still working to discover the causes of autism and why the number of children diagnosed with autism continues to grow. In our library collection we have several very informative publications on autism and on working with autistic children. See the following publications, all produced by the Colorado Dept. of Education (CDE):
- Colorado Behavior Resource Manual. Includes several chapters on autism.
- Early Identification and Intervention for the Spectrum of Autism.
- Colorado Resource Guide for Autism Spectrum Disorders.
- The Colorado Autism Manual for Teachers, Service Providers, and Parents.
Also, be sure and check CDE’s autism webpage for more information, including a bibliography of resources and links, an autism awareness brochure, Autism Program Quality Indicators for schools, a video on the special education process, professional development opportunities, information on the Colorado Model Autism and Significant Support Needs Programs, and much more.
Latest posts by Amy Zimmer (see all)
- Time Machine Tuesday: Colorado Transportation Through the Years - September 17, 2019
- Colorado’s Pet Animal Care and Facilities Act (PACFA) - September 13, 2019
- September is National Attendance Awareness Month - September 11, 2019