Are you looking for more ways to learn about your role as a library trustee? Would you like to be able to learn in your own time? Would your library’s board benefit from access to quality content from the national association for library trustees, United for Libraries?
The Colorado State Library is launching a pilot project in 2021 to provide access to United for Libraries Self-Paced Learning Content for 30 public libraries. This pilot will provide access to subscriptions resources including the Trustee Academy, Short Takes for Trustees, Tips Sheets, and recorded webinar archives. This pilot will also include access to the recordings from the 2020 United for Libraries Virtual Conference. This content addresses a range of topics relevant to library boards, and may be of interest to new and continuing library trustees.
United for Libraries is the division of the American Library Association dedicated to supporting Trustees, Friends, and Foundations. They provide online learning resources to support the work of library governance, community awareness, and financial stability. Their self-paced online learning options provide a range of information and training to support individual and board growth in these areas.
Pilot project details:
- The pilot will last for 6 months (January-June 2021).
- All public libraries in Colorado are eligible to apply.
- Pilot libraries will gain access to a range of United for Libraries self-paced learning content.
- Individual participants from pilot libraries may include the Board of Trustees, the Friends/Foundations Board, the Library Director, and any administrative library staff who work with the boards.
- Individual pilot participants will be asked to provide feedback about their experience.
- Participant feedback will be used to help determine the future of the project.
- The estimated time commitment for each participant is a maximum of 8 hours total.
- Pilot libraries will continue to have access to the United for Libraries content through the end of 2021.
- The Colorado State Library will be covering the cost for access to this content.
Participation will be limited to 30 Colorado public libraries. Libraries should apply by December 17 for priority consideration. Applications received past that deadline will be considered if space is still available in the pilot. Submit an application for the United for Libraries Self-Paced Learning Pilot.