Listen to this article
You have been hearing a lot lately about programming resource kits being available from the Colorado State Library: Everything from NASA sun and moon kits, to early literacy, ukulele kits, book folding kits, LGBTQ+ community support kits and so much more. Well – it’s true – we have them – and we want you to borrow them! Check out the CSL Resource Kit web site for more information.
Borrowing a Resource Kit from the Colorado State Library
To borrow a kit, you will need to be enrolled in the CSL Resource Kit Borrowing Program. Your “Kit account” is the same as your CSL Book Club account if you participate in that program. If you already have a CSL Book Club user number and password, skip to step 4 below.
- Go to https://cslkits.cvlsites.org/enroll/
- Complete and submit the enrollment form.
- You will receive an email with a user number and password for your library within a short time.
- Go to our online resource catalog at https://csl.catalog.aspencat.info/
- Login into your CSL account using the “Login” button at the top right of the screen.
- Use the Search bar, or browse for “Resource Kit”, to find the Kit you want to borrow.
- Place a Hold on the desired kit.
- The checkout period is 2 months. If the kit is available, it will be sent to you the next business day via the Courier. If it is checked out to another library, your hold will remain in place until the item is available or you cancel the hold.
- Please remember to submit feedback either on the paper form included on the clipboard in the kit or online.
For further information about the CSL Resource Kits, contact KitSupport@coloradovirtuallibrary.org.
- Bite-sized Escapism – Reading Short Stories with Your Book Club - November 7, 2023
- Penguin Random House – Creative Writing Awards Program - October 27, 2023
- May is Asian Pacific American Heritage Month - May 24, 2023