School Library Journal’s 2020 Summit: Culture Shift
School Library Journal’s annual Summit: Culture Shift on October 24th, is a free, day-long virtual event! This year’s Summit will focus on creating a culture that promotes an equitable world and closes the opportunity gap for all children.
There will be three concurrent tracks, with sessions (and more!) on:
- Reimagining School
- Antiracism: Next Steps
- Challenging the Classics: Reimagining the Literary Canon
- SEL (Social Emotional Learning) & Trauma-Informed Teaching
- Coming of Age, Graphic Novels
- Reimagining Youth Librarianship
- How to Start an Online Book Club
- The Latinx Experience, Genre Fiction
Facilitated discussions will follow core sessions, providing you the opportunity to convene, network, and advance ideas on subjects ranging from Reimagining School—what are the lessons of remote learning and how will this impact the classroom of the future?—to SEL and supporting students and families in the COVID-19 crisis (advance registration required).
All sessions and author chats will be available for viewing on-demand within an hour of their initial broadcast, and the entire event will be available on-demand until January 24, 2021!