Celebrate Digital Learning Year Round!
Digital Learning Day, (officially February 27th), is a nationwide celebration that started in 2012, as a way to actively spread innovative practices and to ensure that all youth have access to high-quality digital learning opportunities no matter where they live. Digital Learning Day is not about technology, it’s about learning! While one day is established to focus on digital learning, it is important to “incorporate digital learning into the fabric of schools year-round.” National Association of Elementary School Principals
What is Digital Learning?
“Digital learning is any instructional practice that effectively uses technology to strengthen a student’s learning experience. It emphasizes high-quality instruction and provides access to challenging content, feedback through formative assessment, opportunities for learning anytime and anywhere, and individualized instruction to ensure all students reach their full potential to succeed in college and a career.” The Alliance for Excellent Education
Try Something New! Ideas & Resources
- Interactive Lesson Plans from the Digital Learning Day website
- Write an If-Then Adventure Story
- Digital Learning Video Gallery These video profiles represent a series of real-life practical stories about how district and school leaders are improving student learning outcomes through the effective use of technology.
- More ideas at digitallearningday.org #DLDay
- Digital Literacy Resources at Colorado Virtual Library
Innovate Every Day with Digital Learning
It is also important to provide students with opportunities to understand the trail of information they leave behind as a result of online activity. “The online information about you that exists as a result of your activity on the internet is called your digital footprint”
Importance of Librarians, Instructional Coaches & Teachers Leading Innovation from The Alliance for Excellent Education