We must prepare our students for the un-imagined future by providing opportunities to fail, adapt, and persevere. As the future continually unfolds, they must be able to understand how to apply processes that allow for problem identification, solution design, and experimentation for success. Mastering the components of digital literacy provides the foundation for this knowledge.
There are many definitions that encompass the meaning, impact, and the importance of Digital Literacy in today’s educational environment. We define Digital Literacy as:
- The ability to use digital technology, communication tools or networks to locate, evaluate, use, construct, and express information.
- The ability to understand and use information in multiple formats from a wide range of sources when it is presented via computational devices.
- A person’s ability to perform tasks effectively in a digital environment.
- Digital Literacy includes the ability to read and interpret media and to evaluate and apply new knowledge gained from digital environments.
Digital Learning Tools
Copyright Free Photos/Images/Videos Sites
Learning Edge Newsletters
Latest posts by Christine Schein (see all)
- The Learning Edge - October 10, 2018
- October is National Cybersecurity Awareness Month! - October 8, 2018
- The Learning Edge - September 24, 2018