The Colorado State Library partnered with Alex Wedderstrand who has a master’s degree in international Disaster Psychology, focusing on trauma and global mental health, to create a blended learning opportunity, Creating a Trauma-Informed Library.
This course is composed of 4 video modules broken into 13 individual lessons, as well as a 2-hour online class, to be held on Zoom, scheduled for April 25, 2023, from 10-12 PM MT.
Participants attending the Zoom class should be prepared to bring questions and experiences they want to discuss after going through the video modules. The Zoom class will be highly participatory and interactive.
Interested participants will need to register with me directly by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Space for the Zoom class is limited to 20 and is reserved for Colorado library staff only.
- Due to anticipated demand, the Zoom class will be limited to 3 individuals per library organization. (I will maintain a wait list for cancellations)
- To allow for open dialogue, the Zoom class will not be recorded.
Not able to attend the Zoom class? No problem, the video modules and accompanying resources are available and open to anyone to access.
- Registration for Creating a Trauma-Informed Library is now open! - September 28, 2023
- De-escalation Skills Workshop - September 19, 2023
- The Confluence of Business and Career Services and the Community: Navigating the Waters - August 31, 2023