The Colorado Book Awards annually celebrates Colorado’s outstanding literary achievement by commending the accomplishments of its authors, editors, illustrators, and photographers. Volunteer judges from across the state review submissions to select finalists and winners through a rigorous selection process.
Prior to the June 10 awards celebration in Colorado Springs, finalists will present a series of free public readings through June 3. The readings will be held at different Pikes Peak Library District locations throughout the Colorado Springs area. Finalists will read from their work and attendees can pose questions. Select finalist books will be available for purchase at the readings and through Poor Richard’s Books & Gifts.
Finalist Reading Schedule:
- May 13 at : General Fiction, Mystery, Romance at Sand Creek Library
- May 20 – 4 p.m.: Creative Nonfiction and General Nonfiction Finalist Reading in Colorado Springs at East Library
- May 27 – Anthology, Literary Fiction, and Poetry at Library 21c
- June 3 – Science Fiction/Fantasy and Thriller at Rockrimmon Library
The Finalist Reading events are free and registration is available online at the Colorado Humanities Colorado Book Awards page.
Finalist Celebration and Winners Announcement will be held on Saturday, June 10 at 4 p.m. at the Penrose House Garden Pavilion in Colorado Springs. Cost for this event is $30 and registration and tickets are required to attend.
- Program Spotlight: Denver Public Library’s Battle of the Books - September 20, 2023
- Hidden Gem: Senior Companions from Spark the Change Colorado - September 12, 2023
- Student Loan Repayment Support for Library Visitors and Workers - August 24, 2023