The Plains to Peaks Collective (PPC) is the new Colorado-Wyoming Service Hub of the Digital Public Library of America (DPLA). The DPLA website is a portal that allows visitors to discover and then go directly to the digital collections in your home institution. https://dp.la. It’s hoped that every institution in Colorado and Wyoming has the opportunity to participate in the DPLA through the PPC. We invite you to learn more about how to do this!
What to expect
On September 28, 2017, the Colorado State Library, in partnership with the University of Wyoming and the Wyoming State Library, will provide a free event in Wyoming for participants to learn more about the PPC. The PPC is a joint program of the Colorado and Wyoming State Libraries and is an opportunity for you to give your institution’s unique digital collections national exposure. During this event you will learn about Wyoming’s participation in this national digital landscape along with the nuts and bolts of participating in the PPC and the DPLA. We would also like to hear from you! So please bring your questions or participation concerns to the session.
What you need to know
- Where: University of Wyoming, Coe Library, Room Coe-506. 1000 E University Ave, Laramie, WY 82071
- When: September 28, 2017
- Time: 10:00 – 2:30
- Parking: On campus parking pass will be provided
Cost, Registration, & Food
- This event is free!
- Register online. Registration will close on September 8th.
- Lunch will be provided (courtesy of the University of Wyoming).
Welcome and Introduction
Introduction to the DPLA and the PPC
PPC Participation 101
12:00 – 12:45
12:45 – 2:00
Wyoming’s landscape and participation in the DPLA
Questions and Sharing
If you have any questions about this event please contact, Leigh Jeremias at firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest posts by Leigh Jeremias (see all)
- New Colorado and Wyoming Collections Join the DPLA - January 29, 2019
- New Year, New Newspaper Support Program - January 10, 2019
- SIPA is Here to Help - December 13, 2018