As part of a promotional effort, one of the digitization partners working with the Colorado State Library and the Colorado Historic Newspapers Collection (CHNC) is offering a limited time price reduction on the processing of TIF images to create the OCR and METS/ALTO output needed for inclusion in the CHNC database, and we are passing that discount on to you.
- Timeline: Between Now – March 1st, 2020. Commitment MUST be received no later than March 1st, 2020. What do we mean by “commitment” you ask? This means we have answered all your burning questions about CHNC, you have decided on a project and we have sent you an invoice.
- Quantity limit: No limit – You can choose to do as little or as much as you want, the more content you choose to add to CHNC the more you save overall on your digitization project.
- Cost: The cost for digitization activity varies, but the discount of $0.05/page is applied across the board (see below), whether we are digitizing content from TIF/PDF files, microfilm, or paper originals, the discount is the same.
The discount is applied to all of the pages we push into the process from now until the end of March, so there is no upper or lower limit required. However, we would love to take advantage of this reduction and push more pages into process during this short window to enable the greatest savings possible for all of us. If you have been thinking about digitizing a small batch or a large batch of newspaper pages, now is the time to do it. Prices will return to their normal levels for projects initiated after March 1, 2020
Don’t forget – there are many steps that need to be completed in the digitization process, so drop us a line now if you are interested so that we can make sure that you will be included in this window of opportunity. We would love to tell you more, talk with you about your specific newspaper wishes and needs, provide you with an estimate, or get right to getting your project in the queue. Contact Leigh Jeremias (email@example.com) for more information.
- Preserving Colorado History: A virtual conference for small rural Colorado museums and libraries - September 9, 2020
- Touring Wyoming’s Collections: New Wyoming Collections join the DPLA - July 30, 2020
- Grant Funds Available for Historic Collections - June 15, 2020