The Colorado Historical Records Advisory Board (CHRAB) recently announced this year’s funding opportunities from the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC) for Re-Grants. Administered by the Colorado State Archives, the CHRAB Re-Grant Program will award six grants of $5,000 to applicants around the State of Colorado.
Type of Projects Funded
Colorado organizations are able to request funding for a wide variety of historic collections projects including but not limited to digitization, preservation needs, disaster planning, improving accessibility to collections, and purchasing supplies for historic collection needs. Examples of past projects include:
- Process, catalog and index a collection of historic documents, memorabilia and photographs encompassing 200 years of local history.
- Improve access of early church records (1871-1910) by cataloging, digitizing and making them available online.
- Digitize and overlay aerial photographs in Google Earth to demonstrate the changes in Colorado’s Western Slope over the past 80 years.
More information on the types of projects funded or not funded can be found here on the NHPRC site.
- Some special consideration will be given to small and rural institutions.
- A preference will be given to projects with a strong focus on digital accessibility and preservation.
- Applicants will be required to contribute 25% matching or in-kind funds.
- Due to NHPRC guidelines, projects for digitizing newspapers will not be eligible for grant funding from CHRAB.
- June 1, 2020: Applications are open
- July 31, 2020 at 11:59 PM: Applications close
- September 1, 2020 – June 30 2021: Grant period
To apply, please follow the instructions and fill out the application form here: CHRAB Re-Grant Application. If you have eligibility questions about a potential project or have any questions about the program feel free contact CHRAB at CHRAB@state.co.us or call 303-866-5689.
- Free Access to Digitized Historic Newspapers: Colorado and Beyond - February 1, 2023
- Professional Archival Experience: SRMA Archives Fellowship Pilot Program - January 26, 2023
- Rocky Mountain JIHO: Japanese American Life in Colorado - January 19, 2023