Listen to this article
The Colorado Historical Records Advisory Board (CHRAB) recently announced this year’s funding opportunities from the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC) for Re-Grants. Administered by the Colorado State Archives, the CHRAB Re-Grant Program will award six grants of $5,000 to applicants around the State of Colorado.
Type of Projects Funded
Colorado organizations are able to request funding for a wide variety of historic collections projects including but not limited to digitization, preservation needs, disaster planning, and improving accessibility to collections. Funding can be used to purchase archival supplies or digitization equipment and to pay contract staff. Examples of past projects include:
- Digitization, cataloging and online access to moving image collection
- Digitization, cataloging and online access two Ku Klux Klan membership ledgers from a significant Ku Klux Klan manuscript collection.
- Steamboat Pilot newspaper archive project to clean and re-house images in archival supplies, scan priority images and add them to an online database for public access, and create finding aids for collections.
- Digitization of historic reel-to-reel newscasts collection.
- Some special consideration will be given to small and rural institutions.
- A preference will be given to projects with a strong focus on digital accessibility and preservation.
- Applicants will be required to contribute 25% matching or in-kind funds.
- Due to NHPRC guidelines, projects for digitizing newspapers will not be eligible for grant funding from CHRAB.
- Please visit https://www.archives.gov/nhprc/apply/eligibility.html for a list of the types of projects eligible for NHPRC funding.
This year, CHRAB will be accepting draft applications submitted by email to CHRAB@state.co.us. When drafting an application please use this document. A board member will look over a draft application and provide feedback that may be used on your final application. If you have questions about the types of projects funded or questions about the application process please email CHRAB@state.co.us or call 303-866-5689.
- March 19, 2021: Applications are open
- Now – April 15, 2021: CHRAB will accept and review draft applications
- May 15, 2021 at 11:59 PM: Applications close
- July 1, 2021 – June 30, 2022: Grant period
To apply, please follow the instructions and fill out the application form here: CHRAB Re-Grant Application. Only applications submitted through this online form will be accepted.
- Funding Available for the Care and Digitization of Historic Collections - March 24, 2021
- LGBTQ History Now Included in CHNC - February 1, 2021
- Touring Colorado’s Collections: University of Colorado Boulder University Libraries Joins the DPLA - January 27, 2021