Listen to this article
The Colorado Historical Records Advisory Board (CHRAB) is happy to announce this year’s funding opportunities from the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC) for the fiscal year 2022-2023 Re-Grant session. Six grants of $5,000 will be awarded to eligible applicants around the State of Colorado. The grant period for these funds is July 1, 2022 – June 30, 2023.
This year, CHRAB will be accepting draft applications. A board member will look over your draft application, provide feedback and suggest ways to improve your final application. Draft applications will be received for review until May 18th. Final applications are due June 15, 2022 at 11:59 PM, for consideration.
Organizations are able to request funding for a wide variety of projects, including digitization, preservation needs, disaster planning, improving accessibility to collections and purchasing supplies. Some special consideration will be given to institutions in smaller, rural areas of the State and a preference will be given to projects with a strong focus on digital accessibility and preservation. Due to NHPRC guidelines, projects for digitizing newspapers will not be eligible for grant funding from CHRAB. For a list of the types of projects eligible for NHPRC funding, please see this link: https://www.archives.gov/nhprc/apply/eligibility
Examples of Funded Projects
- Digitization and Preservation of San Luis Valley Historic Photographs at the Luther Bean Museum at Adams State University
- Digitizing the Loveland Museum Photographic Collection
- Expanding and Sustaining the Park County Local History Digital Archive through the continued digitizing the photographic collections and preparing the manuscript collections for scanning.
- Preserve nearly 600 historic photographs and 9 veteran scrapbooks through cataloging, digitizing, and proper long-term storage.
Important Information and Dates
- Applicants will be required to contribute the 25% matching OR in-kind funds. All of the grants will adhere to NHPRC’s general grant guidelines.
- To apply, please follow the instructions and fill out the application form here: https://forms.gle/aiQbb42C5XDDbx9q9
- Draft applications can be emailed to CHRAB@state.co.us for review until May 18th
- Please submit your completed application by June 15th, 2022 at 11:59 PM.
Questions about applying? Please email CHRAB@state.co.us or call 303-866-5689