Are you interested in learning practical techniques and strategies for streamlining your Public Library Annual Report (PLAR) data collection and using the data for decision-making, strategic planning, and communicating the impact of your library? This winter and spring, the Colorado State Library and CLiC will offer free, interactive PLAR workshops in Pueblo, Brush, Grand Junction, and Denver. Roundtrip mileage and lunch for all participants will be provided by the Colorado State Library and CLiC.
Any staff who work on the PLAR are encouraged to attend. The Pueblo, Brush, and Grand Junction workshops will focus on strategies for addressing the challenges that small and rural libraries face when collecting and reporting PLAR data, whereas the Denver workshop will have more of an urban/suburban library focus. However, staff are welcome to attend whichever workshop is most convenient for them.
Here are the event details:
- Pueblo – Pueblo City – County Library District – Rawlings, Wednesday, February 6, 10:00-2:30
- Brush – East Morgan County Library, Thursday, February 28, 10:00-2:30
- Grand Junction – Mesa County Libraries – Central Library, Wednesday, March 20, lunch available at 12:30, workshop 1:00-5:00. The CLiC Grand Junction Spring Workshop will begin the following morning, Thursday, March 21. The Colorado State Library will provide some lodging stipends covering hotel costs for one night for participants attending both the PLAR Workshop and CLiC Spring Workshop, based on need. Information about the travel stipend application process will be available by January 7, 2019 at lrs.org and will be posted on various email lists.
- Denver – Denver Public Library – Rodolfo “Corky” Gonzales Branch, Wednesday, May 1, 10:00-2:00 (both in-person and virtual options for attendance)
Advance registration is required. Registration will open January 7, 2019 on the CLiC website. Many thanks to Pueblo, East Morgan County, Mesa County, and Denver for providing meeting space for these workshops! Questions? Please contact Linda Hofschire, Library Research Service, Colorado State Library, email@example.com or 303.866.6827.
Latest posts by Regan Harper (see all)
- Friday Grab Bag, December 14, 2018 - December 15, 2018
- Funds for Youth Programs in Oklahoma and Surrounding States - December 15, 2018
- Utah RIPL Regional – Travel Stipend Opportunity - December 15, 2018