Are you interested in learning practical techniques and strategies for streamlining your Public Library Annual Report (PLAR) data collection and using the data for decision-making, strategic planning, and communicating the impact of your library? This winter and spring, the Colorado State Library and CLiC will offer free, interactive PLAR workshops in Pueblo, Brush, Grand Junction, and Denver. Roundtrip mileage and lunch for all participants will be provided by the Colorado State Library and CLiC.
Any staff who work on the PLAR are encouraged to attend. The Pueblo, Brush, and Grand Junction workshops will focus on strategies for addressing the challenges that small and rural libraries face when collecting and reporting PLAR data, whereas the Denver workshop will have more of an urban/suburban library focus. However, staff are welcome to attend whichever workshop is most convenient for them.
Here are the event details:
- Pueblo – Pueblo City – County Library District – Rawlings, Wednesday, February 6, 10:00-2:30
- Brush – East Morgan County Library, Thursday, February 28, 10:00-2:30
- Grand Junction – Mesa County Libraries – Central Library, Wednesday, March 20, lunch available at 12:30, workshop 1:00-5:00. The CLiC Grand Junction Spring Workshop will begin the following morning, Thursday, March 21. The Colorado State Library will provide up to 5 lodging stipends covering hotel costs for one night for participants attending both the PLAR Workshop and CLiC Spring Workshop. Applications are due February 1. To learn more about this opportunity and to apply, please see https://s.lrs.org/PLARstipend
- Denver – Denver Public Library – Rodolfo “Corky” Gonzales Branch, Wednesday, May 1, 10:00-2:00
Advance registration is required. You can register here: https://www.clicweb.org/public-library-annual-report-plar-regional-workshops/
Many thanks to Pueblo, East Morgan County, Mesa County, and Denver for providing meeting space for these workshops!
- April is Earth Month – How Well Do You Know Our Amazing Planet? - April 10, 2023
- Book Club – Inside and Out - March 12, 2023
- Lose Yourself in an Alternate Future - February 13, 2023