The Colorado State Library is working with Pat Wagner to transition our Successful Supervision workshop into a 4-part online workshop! Using case studies and their own real-life performance management issues, participants will review proven supervision models and apply practical concepts in hands-on work sessions.
Upon completion of the workshop attendees will have the skills needed to:
- Improve productivity and workplace relationships.
- Grow the skills and commitment of supervisors and employees.
- Use positive reinforcement and workplace contracts to effectively manage employees.
- Better address the lifecycle of an employee, from recruitment and orientation to departure.
- Better manage workplace conflict, discipline, and termination.
Since we had planned to offer Successful Supervision in 2 different locations this spring, we have decided to run two separate cohorts in the month of June.
- Each cohort will meet online 4 times, with assignments in between sessions
- Each cohort will be limited to 20 participants
- Each cohort will be limited to one person per library organization
- Participants must be currently working as a supervisor in a Colorado library (Includes public, school, academic and special).
- Participants must be able to attend all 4 sessions scheduled for their selected cohort
Not currently working as a supervisor, but curious about what it entails? We still have room for our 2-part Curious about Library Supervision workshop!
Part I: Introduction – May 27 from 1 – 2:30 PM -During this webinar, Pat Wagner will share her perspective on what the job entails, the challenges, the rewards, and the quirks of being a boss.
Part II: The Resume – June 3 from 1 – 2:30 PM – Pat will share overall themes from the resumes submitted (everything will be anonymous), as well as strategies for effectively applying for supervisory positions.
Questions? Contact Christine Krieger at Kreger_c@cde.state.co.us.
- Friday Grab Bag, June 5, 2020 - June 5, 2020
- #LibrariesCOnnect: Virtual Programming Social Media Campaign - June 5, 2020
- Pomp & Circumstances That are Out of Our Control: Commencement 2020 - May 28, 2020