The State Library is thrilled to partner with the Equity Project to provide a 2-hour workshop on Deconstructing Equity!
Dr. Nita Mosby Tyler, Chief Catalyst of The Equity Project, will help attendees explore the multi-faceted world of diversity, equity and inclusion in an environment that promotes sharing, learning and transformation.
When: Thursday June 11 from 2-4 PM
Where: We will use Zoom for this session. The link will be forwarded to all those who are registered a few days before the workshop. Due to the anticipated popularity of this workshop, we are limiting the session to 2 staff from each library District/organization.
- Deconstruct the definitions of diversity, inclusivity, equity, equality, and fairness in a way that allows for a better understanding of bias and the continuum of equity.
- Discuss what it takes to build systems of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Use the Continuum of Equity model, we will discuss the variety of ways our work and interactions show up in each “lane.”
- Explore how our personal power shows up as we explore equity.
- Discuss and explore the impact of language on systems of equity.
- Learn a variety of tips & tools for how to manage/navigate/evaluate in a diversity, equity, and inclusion framework.
To register for this workshop, please email Christine Kreger directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.