Throughout the pandemic, libraries across the US have been creating innovative ways to continue providing important services and to remain connected to their communities. But reaching older adults provides additional challenges these days. communities. But reaching older adults provides additional challenges these days.
So, let’s talk about it! Join us for a facilitated conversation, where we all brainstorm and learn from each other as we contemplate the following questions:
- How are you connecting with older adults, and what services are you offering?
- What have you been hearing from older adults about their current needs and interests?
- What are your successes and failures/innovations and lessons learned?
This is not your normal webinar! We want to hear what you have done and are doing to serve older adults no matter where your organization is in the re-opening process. Join us for this conversation, and share your ideas, challenges, and successes!
This conversation will be facilitated by:
- Amy DelPo: Administrator of Older Adult Services for the Denver Public Library
- Nancy Slote: Older Adults Program Manager for the Seattle Public Library
- Wendy Pender: Older Adults Program Coordinator for the King County Library System
- Christine Kreger, Professional Development Consultant for the Colorado State Library
When: January 13, 2021 – 10am PT, 11am MT, 12pm CT, 1pm ET
Where: Zoom (a Zoom link will be emailed to those who register. Zoom does have a limit of 100 participants, so register now!).
- The Zoom invitation will include phone in options. These options are not toll free, but should be free to use with a cell phone
- We will provide live transcription for this session.
- This session will be recorded.
How to register: Email Christine Kreger at firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
- GRT Quick Bites: Serving Family, Friend, and Neighbor Caregivers - November 2, 2021
- October 2021 SWIFT Migration Project Update - October 19, 2021
- Election Resources for the Print Impaired from the Colorado Talking Book Library - September 30, 2021