The Colorado State Library’s Growing Readers Together (GRT) Early Literacy Support Team is pleased to present GRT Quick Bites – 20 Minute Topics, a new series of early literacy micro-learning opportunities for Colorado children’s librarians and staff interested in enhancing their library’s early learning services and programs. Join Gail Yerbic, Kate Brunner, and Melody Garcia on Tuesdays at noon for a 20 minute look at a variety of topics related to early learning in Colorado libraries.
These micro-learning opportunities will be hosted by the Colorado State Library via Adobe Connect. Topics will focus on relationship-building with families and informal caregivers of young children in your community.
The Quick Bites schedule is as follows:
- August 6th – Caregiver Cafe: What Is It & How Do I Host One? with Kate Brunner
- August 13th – Creating Synergy: Weaving Together Early Learning Services with Gail Yerbic
- August 20th – No Quick Bites this week.
- August 27th – Early Literacy Tips That Stick: Refining Your Early Literacy Message with Melody Garcia
- September 3rd – Right Size Your Early Literacy Programming with Gail Yerbic
- September 10th – Brilliant Baby Brains: Early Learning & 0-5 Brain Development with Kate Brunner
- September 17th – Process Art with Melody Garcia
The team will also offer a preview of a variety of future early learning and community engagement opportunities coming this fall and winter from Growing Readers Together, to include a 4-part webinar on community outreach to informal caregivers, opportunities to connect at CALCON 2019 and at CLEL 2019, as well as, ways to bring the team directly to your library.
The Quick Bites series is available here.
Latest posts by Marisa Wood (see all)
- Friday Grab Bag, August 23, 2019 - August 23, 2019
- Upcoming CSL In Session Webinar – Danger in the Comfort Zone: How to change when change isn’t coming naturally - August 22, 2019
- Upcoming GRT Quick Bites Session – Refining Your Early Literacy Message - August 19, 2019