- Are you passionate about community engagement?
- Are you curious and eager to learn and explore in a group environment?
- Do you value collaboration and seek interaction and support from peers?
- Are you eager to take community engagement to the next level?
Collaborative Conversations is an intensive, 5-week online program that introduces participants to the Interactivity Foundation’s Collaborative Discussion Toolkit, and supports participants as they design their very own Certificate Program in Collaborative Discussion.
Successful participants will conclude the training as Collaborative Discussion Coaches and will be supported as they offer their own certificate programs in collaboration.
We will select 10 applicants to participate in this unique program, and upon completion of the program, participants will:
- Be immersed in and have a greater understanding of the Interactivity Foundation’s Collaborative Discussion Toolkit
- Be able to adapt the toolkit and activities to suit needs by designing their own certificate program
- Have skills needed to design and offer Collaborative Discussion Certificate Programs
- Nurture a community of practice in Colorado
The program will be held weekly on 5 consecutive Wednesdays, from 9-12 MT, and there will be homework and required practice in between sessions. One-on-one follow ups, cohort check-ins, and LinkedIn badges are also available.
Interested in applying? Please fill out this application by 5 PM on Monday December 13, 2021. Applicants will be notified by December 22, 2021.
- Collaborative Conversations is open to any public library staff in Colorado
- Due to the anticipated popularity of this program, only one staff member from any one library organization may be accepted.
- Applicants MUST be able to attend all 5 sessions, and have the time needed to complete homework assignments.
- Session dates:
- January 19, 2022, from 9-12 MT
- January 25, 2022, from 9-12 MT
- February 2, 2022, from 9-12 MT
- February 9, 2022, from 9-12 MT
- February 16, 2022, from 9-12 MT
- Session dates:
- Extra consideration will be given to applicants from small and rural libraries and to those who do not have the opportunity to attend other community conversation training.
To learn more about the Interactivity Foundation’s Collaborative Discussion Project please visit: www.collaborativediscussionproject.com and https://www.interactivityfoundation.org/resources/education.
- Book Club Titles for Black History Month - January 27, 2023
- Longer Book Club Reads in the Colorado Book Club Resource - January 6, 2023
- Free Online Learning Opportunities in December for Library Staff - December 1, 2022