Looking for an easy program to share with your teens that they can do at home this summer? The Teen Video Challenge is back for 2020! The Teen Video Challenge, sponsored by the Collaborative Summer Library Program (CSLP), is an annual nation video contest open to all teens (librarian and teacher support is encouraged). The challenge is for teens to create a public services announcement-type video that shows their unique interpretation of the 2020 CSLP slogan “Imagine Your Story”. Videos are to be no longer than 60 seconds and should promote libraries and reading.
Videos will be accepted June 1 through August 7, 2020.
- There will be 5 national winners. Just have your teens submit a link to their video and complete a simple online form.
- The program will accept submissions June 1-Aug 7, 2020, so that the program can be incorporated into summer programs (it’s still a great opportunity to partner with schools with video production classes or clubs; students can produce the videos as a class project and submit them in June!)
- Videos will be limited to 60 seconds, making this a doable project for small teams.
- Permission and model release forms will only be required from the winning entries (completing the forms is a requirement to receive prizes and acknowledgement).
- The TVC Ad-Hoc Committee will convene a judging panel from CSLP partners and members.
- Teens can upload to the social media outlet of their choice.
- Logo files to help promote the contest (created by Mary Bills at the CO State Library!):
- Link to 2019’s 5 winning videos (including one from the Avon Public Library, Eagle Valley Library District, in CO!): https://www.cslpreads.org/2019-teen-video-challenge-tvc/
Visit https://www.cslpreads.org/programs/teen-program/2020-teen-video-challenge/ for additional details, including the submission form and contest rules. Please share on your social media, website, and with interested teens in your community!
If you have questions, contact Beth Crist at Crist_B@cde.state.co.us. Good luck to your teens that enter the contest!
- GRT Quick Bites: Serving Family, Friend, and Neighbor Caregivers - November 2, 2021
- October 2021 SWIFT Migration Project Update - October 19, 2021
- Election Resources for the Print Impaired from the Colorado Talking Book Library - September 30, 2021