While Ian McEwan’s Sweet Tooth is more about espionage in England in the 1970s and how spies shouldn’t fall in love than lovely goodies, it did inspire me to provide delectable edibles for you. I have three scrumptious recipes courtesy of a Sweet Tooth Sweet Life. Enjoy!
- 1 chocolate angel food cake. Cut it into cubes.
- 2 boxes of sugar-free chocolate instant pudding. Use skim milk when preparing.
- 1 6oz non-fat strawberry yogurt
- ~1 cup of sliced strawberries
- 1 container fat free whipped topping
Layer all of the above ingredients in a larger bowl (if you have a trifle bowl, this is best) and refrigerate for 3o minutes.
- *1 8oz cream cheese
- 1 package of Oreos
- 2 packages (8 squares each) of semi-sweet chocolate
Set aside 13 Oreos. Crush the rest into bits and mix with the cream cheese.
Roll into 1-inch balls. Chill for 30-60 minutes.
Crush the remaining 13 Oreos into bits.
Once the balls have been chilled, dip the balls in the melted chocolate.
Roll into the remaining Oreo bits and place on wax paper.
Refrigerate for about an hour.
- 1 angel food cake
- strawberry jello
- ~1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 8oz container of whipped topping
Cut up the angel food cake into small pieces and place in a pie plate.
Prepare the jello. Then pour it over the cake pieces.
Top with the strawberries and whipped topping.
Chill for an hour.
I have a sweet tooth for reading, so books migrate to my zip code en mass. -Dawn Olivieri
Latest posts by Arian Osborne (see all)
- Let’s Create Summertime Style! - June 13, 2017
- Warning: This Book Includes Fiercely Loved Taxidermy - May 31, 2017
- Who Doesn’t Love Unicorns! - May 17, 2017