Resources for Libraries
FindIT Colorado lets patrons locate and search your library catalog from any location. Search features designed for mobile devices allow them to easily locate books, movies, music, and more.
Use FindIT Colorado to:
- Get library hours and phone numbers
- Map library locations and directions
- Discover library events
- Search for events at any or all libraries
- Search by audience, language, or type of event
- Browse featured programs
Access the online library catalog
- Search for Books, movies and more
- Place holds with a library card
With a library card, patrons can manage their account
- Check status of holds
- Cancel holds
- Check due dates
- Renew items
- View account balance
Training & Support
- Colorado State Library held an online training on January 11, 2016. Click to watch a recording of this hour-long webinar.
- Colorado State Library held a check-in webinar on May 16, 2016. Click to watch a recording of this webinar.
- Boopsie hosted a webinar for FindIT Colorado member libraries on June 29, 2017. Click to watch a recording of this 20 minute webinar.
- Boopsie’s recorded training webinars
- FAQs for Libraries and Librarians
- FAQs for Library App Users
Promoting the FindIT Colorado mobile app to your patrons is an essential part of your implementation. A Boopsie study found that libraries that promote the app on their websites increase the usage threefold.
Consider using multiple ways to promote FindIT Colorado, including your library website, printed materials like bookmarks and posters, and email newsletters.
FindIT Colorado is also a great resource for K-12 students and educators, who are increasingly using mobile, web-based resources for instruction. Consider working with your local school librarian(s) to promote FindIT Colorado.
Prebuilt Templates for FindIT Colorado
Download these MS Word templates and customize the sections for your library’s information and logo. Contact Amy Hitchner if you need assistance customizing these templates.
Resources from Boopsie
- Marketing materials for libraries
- Videos created by Boopsie library customers
- 6 ideas for promoting Boopsie to your patrons
Creating your own materials?
If you create your own promotional materials, they should include the following:
- FindIT Colorado icon
- QR code 250 x 250 (resize if necessary)
- CDE logo
- IMLS logo
- A statement of credit that reads: “A service of the Colorado State Library. Funded by the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS).”
Boopsie does not need libraries to submit catalog extracts. The app can extract records directly from the classic catalog.
The renewal process for the 2016-17 contract is complete. Next year’s renewal process will begin in May 2017.